If you are a business owner, a freelancer or are self-employed, your income is being affected regardless of which industry you are in. This blog post is for you. Covid-19 can affect us negatively or positively and it is totally up to us. Here are a list 3 things you can do immediately to keep yourself & your business ahead during this crisis:
1. Re-strategize & adapt your business model to the situation:
If you have a non-essential brick & mortar business that is currently forced to be closed temporarily, it does not mean that your business needs to suffer. Now is a good time to re-evaluate your business model and ask yourself the following questions:
- Which part of my business could be offered virtually? (for example, a few of my clients in the beauty industry have switched from doing in-person, one-on-one consultations to virtual consultations).
- Can I offer E-Gift Cards to my clients to pre-purchase my services?
- Should I start offering e-commerce products & free shipping to my customers?
- Should I add an online booking & online payment process system to my website?
- Is a cash-free system something to consider going forward?
- What are the expenses that I can possibly eliminate by switching some of my business processes online without affecting my team & my staff’s well-being?
2. Re-evaluate your leads generation process & online marketing strategy
With what is going on with the covid 19 pandemic, it is normal for people to get panic, pull back and go into reserve mode. However, for business owners & entrepreneurs who are growth-driven, this is a perfect time for you to expand your online network, amp up your digital marketing & get your audience’s attention when your competitors are staying quieter.
My digital marketing company, BOWO Creative Inc, is offering FREE SOCIAL MEDIA AUDIT & CONSULTATION for all female-founded businesses right now to help our boss women tribe find the right strategy to stay ahead during this period. CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A FREE SOCIAL MEDIA AUDIT & CONSULTATION if you are a female entrepreneur.
3. Create social media marketing content in a positive light, with covid 19 and community in mind
Most business owners make a mistake of pulling back and laying low because they think that “advertising or marketing” their business at this point is “insensitive”. However, I disagree with this mentality.
A majority of people are working from home, staying at home and self-isolating themselves right now and what are they doing with the majority of their time? THEY ARE LOOKING AT THE PHONE!
There is no better time for you to get your audience’s attention than right now. Social media marketing & content marketing aren’t no longer about selling the service or the product. It’s about telling the story!
This is a perfect time for you to share your vision, mission, your journey and your “behind the scene” story of building your business & building your brand. People no longer buy a product or a service simply because of what the product or the service can do. They buy because of the brand and the mission behind that product/ service. Another way to grab your audience’s attention on social media is creating your social media marketing on “UGC” – User-Generated Content and focus on education and storytelling.
If you don’t know what is a UGC, check out an example of UGC from my Instagram @xotraceynguyen
I hope these tips are useful for you and your business at the moment!
If you have any questions & suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below and let’s chat!